FORMER UK PRIME MINISTER DAVID CAMERON RECENTLY MET T-STICKS FOUNDER RICKY KOTHARI AND HAS JOINED THE LEGIONS OF FANS WHO LOVE T-STICKS. HE WAS WOWED BY THEIR INIMITABLE TASTE, AROMA AND THE CLEVER CONVENIENCE.
The Former Prime Minister and Secretary of State thought the innovation of T-Sticks was a great concept, they sympathised with the problem of messy teabags. The Former Prime Minister seemed to really enjoy his sip of the Minty Moroccan Green Tea.
- David Cameron invited T-Sticks of London to China on his next trade mission.
- It was the second time in a week T-Sticks met the PM as a question was put directly in front of 1000 delegates at the British Chamber of Commerce 2015 annual conference. T-Sticks asked – How is the Government supporting international trade for British businesses?
- A British led designed packaged product has opportunities globally
- RK: Hi David, nice to meet you
- DC: Tea in a stick, how does that work?
- RK: Avoiding the mess of the messy teabag. Do not need a teaspoon: no mess no drips, great for the campaign.
- DC: was there a lightbulb moment when this came to you?
- RK: there was, I was working in a corporate organisation and spilt tea before a Board meeting
- DC: And also what you do with the teabags
- RK: exactly. Thank you for answering my question on Tuesday, regarding international trade
- DC: oh! That was you?
- RK: yes that was me! Second time in a week!
- DC: so you came up with the idea, then you had to do a lot of research on how big to make holes
- RK: yes and how rigid to make the stick for it to take the hot water
- DC: and what sort of teas do you have?
- RK: all the standard range, we have breakfast tea, earl grey, this is mint…
- DC: oh right, well let’s have a sip. What’s that like? I love mint tea… that’s really nice actually
- RK: yes refreshing, just add your milk and your sugar
- DC: and you can just leave the stick in while you’re drinking?
- RK: yes or take it out with no drips
- DC: how come no drips? Is this just what it does?
- RK: because it doesn’t drip out the holes
- DC: that is very very smart. So where are you selling these?
- RK: so we market to hotels/restaurants at the moment. We are just doing a new box packaging to get into retail. The next step is China
- DC: Selling tea to China? That’s cool, if you can do that you’ll have to come on my next trade mission